Foundations of Yoga Asana
Thu, February 20 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 6:30 pm on Thursday, repeating until Thu, March 19, 2020
This nine-week series is being held on Thursdays, January 23–March 19.
This is an all-levels class. The goal for the beginner and experienced practitioner is self-discovery as we examine how internal focus, breathing, and thoughts guide movement into and out of the yoga poses.
Open to registered participants only.
Samuel often emphasizes the importance of physical flexibility and strength and encourages us to be responsible by taking right action to bring wholeness into our lives. The vision for this class series is to present yoga in a way that practical aspects of breathing, meditation, and yoga postures can be utilized to enhance physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Teacher: Teri Concotelli who has over 4000 hours of teaching experience.
The class will be organized in the following way:
- While seated—guided meditation of sorts for internal focus, breathing, etc. Next, isometric core activation (for safety) synchronized with the breath.
- A fair amount of time will be spent in the standing poses, à la Iyengar style. Modifications for all poses will be given based upon ability.
- Sequencing poses into a flow of moving from one pose into another will be taught.
- The class will end with gentle seated poses followed by a fairly long savasana.
- Once out of savasana, there will be 5 or 10 minutes for questions, etc.
Each participant must bring a yoga mat.